The Sous Vide Cooking Technique
Sous Vide cooking entails meals being cooked at very low temperatures for very long periods, sometimes even for a day or two. This kind of cooking uses containers or plastic bags that basically separate what is being cooked from the environment that heats it. The food is vacuum-sealed and exposed to moderately low temperatures in a water system in the container or bag. The sous vide cooking technique is commonly employed by high-end restaurants and delivers a perfectly done and tasty meal, regardless of what is being cooked.
Sous Vide cooking is a reasonably easy cooking method and uses three basic steps:
- The first step is to attach the precision cooker to a water pot and then set the temperature and time according to your preferences for the particular meal.
- The second step is to put the food to be cooked in a bag that can be sealed and then attach it to the pot's side. The sealing is essential in the creation of a vacuum, as this method utilizes the vacuum.
- After the food is ready, it can then be grilled, seared, or broiled to enhance the taste by adding a crispy layer.
Benefits of the Sous Vide Cooking Technique
The sous vide technique has proved to be very effective in preparing meals differently from any other cooking method, which is why it is probably common in high-end restaurants. The temperature is very controlled, allowing an even cook to both the interior and exterior of whatever is being prepared. Some of the benefits of the sous vide technique include:
- Enhanced taste- the food is allowed to cook itself without external additives; hence it retains its original flavor and is eventually juicy and tender.
- Avoid wastage- owing to the nature of the method, almost all the food components are retained, which allows the food to maintain its size, unlike in other methods where food typically loses a percentage of its features, resulting in shrinking.
- Flexibility- this cooking technique is not susceptible to burning or overcooking because it utilizes an accurate and specific temperature and cooking time. It also means that it is convenient because the person cooking doesn't need to keep checking the food.
Thermodyne Foodservice Products, Inc has provided quality food warmers and cooking equipment for a while and is a reputable company for your cooking concerns. Contact us if you need any of our products or services.
Posted in: Innovation